Friday, February 15, 2013

Crash Potatoes

Okay, folks, here's the final installment of the "Stuff I Made For Dinner on Wednesday" saga.  So far we've covered the flatbread and the Balsamic Marinated Chicken.  Have you tried that chicken yet?  No?  Shame on you!


Today, we'll finish out the meal with our Crash Potatoes.  I found these courtesy the Pioneer Woman's blog.  I heart her recipes.  I'm always looking for new ways to make potatoes, so this recipe really appealed to me.

All you'll need is:


  • Small, round potatoes.  New potatoes or the little yellow ones or whatever.
  • Olive oil.
  • Salt & Pepper.
  • Fresh herbs of your choice (optional)

Simple so far, right?  It gets even better.  (And, sorry, I forgot a picture of the ingredients.)

1.  Boil the potatoes until they're fork tender.  What's that, you ask?  The picture looks like those spuds came out of the oven?  Yeah, stay with me here.  It'll be okay, I promise.


2.  Heat your oven to 450° (See?  I told you it'd be okay.)

3.  Drizzle olive oil on your baking sheet.  You don't want them taters to stick.


My baking sheets are old and nasty, so I always line them with foil.

4.  Place the boiled potatoes on the baking sheet.  Give 'em some space.


5.  Use a potato masher to squish the potatoes.  You don't want them totally flattened, but nicely textured.  Kind of like a cookie.
Smashing the potatoes would be a great way for a kid to help out!
6.  Baste the smashed potatoes with olive oil and then top with salt, pepper, and herbs if you want.


7.  Bake at 450° until golden brown, about 25 mins.



Super good and super easy!  Also, just think you could top these with bacon and cheese!  Oh, yes, bacon and cheese indeed!

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment