Thursday, February 14, 2013

Balsamic Vinegar Marinated Chicken

Oh. My. Chicken.  This was SO good!  You simply have to try it!


Balsamic marinated chicken, served with crash potatoes and broccoli.  And flatbread on the side.
In my quest for dairy-free menu ideas (see the Flatbread post for that whole saga), I came across this recipe on a Paleo Diet page.  Now, obviously I don't eat Paleo-style, but I can see some of the logic behind it and if you feel better eating like a cave person, then go for it.  You will get no judgement from me, especially after trying this recipe.

This is probably one of the easiest recipes.  Ever.  All you need is:


  • 1/4 cup Balsamic vinegar
  • 1/4 cup olive oil
  • Minced garlic
  • Salt & pepper
  • Basil, fresh if you have it or can use dried
  • Chicken breasts.  Recipe called for 4, I used 2 and wish I had made more.  Yeah, it's that good.
  • A big Ziploc baggie.
That's it.

Now for the easy part.  Note:  You will want to marinate the chicken for at least 2 hours.  I let mine soak in the yummy for 24 hours.  Plan ahead for this one!

1)  Because I have issues with whole chicken boobs, I sliced mine into smaller pieces.  You can leave yours whole if you are so inclined.
2)  In your Ziploc baggie, mix all of the ingredients together.  Smoosh it all together so the chicken is well coated.  Toss it in the fridge.  Whenever you go to the fridge, give the baggie some lovin' and smoosh everything around a bit.

Side note:  I love using baggies for marinating.  It's so much easier to keep everything well-coated in the marinade when it's in a baggie than constantly have to worry about turning stuff over in a bowl.  Plus, in a baggie, you can massage everything together and really work the marinade into your meat.  Oh, myyyyy!
I love using baggies for marinating.  So easy!
3)  When you're ready to cook, heat the oven to 400°.  Place chicken in a glass pan.
4) Cook for 20-25 minutes or until chicken is done.
I lined the pan with foil to help with clean up.  Didn't help that much.

After cooking.  Gorgeous!  
That's it.  Super easy, super tasty.  You HAVE to try it.  Like right now.  Go.  Go cook.  Come back and tell me how fabulous it was.









No comments:

Post a Comment